Question:
Steelers Draft Pick?
STEELERSxl36
2006-04-08 06:06:19 UTC
Who should the Steelers draft with pick 32 in the draft? What position do you think they need to fill the most?
Four answers:
Mox
2006-04-08 09:08:38 UTC
RB Lendale White or the RB Lawrence Mahoney from Minnesota
Carnage
2006-04-08 20:48:02 UTC
The Steelers should draft Sinorice Moss [WR-Miami(FL)(MVP Senior Bowl)] in order to replace Atwaan Randel El as Ben Roethlisberger's 2nd option receiver. They do need to fill the void left by Jerome Bettis, but the RB position is deeper (more effective players) than the WR postion in this draft. The Steelers can pick up a productive back at Rd2 Pick64 or Rd3 Pick96...Maurice Drew (UCLA), Brian Calhoun (Wisconsin) and Jerious Norwood (Mississippi State) are all very productive backs that will be available in Rd2 and possibly Rd3.
coolesticeman2000
2006-04-09 03:28:28 UTC
Last pick of the 1st round wont get them much. So..

Maurice Stovall, WR, N.Dame (Replacement for A.Randle El)

Mathias Kiwaunuka, DE, B.College (Replacement for K.Van Oelhofeen)

Darnell Bing, S, USC (Replacement for C.Hope)

Laurence Maroney,RB,Minnesota or LenDale White,RB,USC (Jerome Bettis Replacement)

Bobby Carpenter,LB,Ohio State (Depth for LB Core)
Screamin_Al
2006-04-10 12:14:16 UTC
I think they could go for offensive line depth with a guy like Nick Mangold or Max Jean-Gilles. They could take a cornerback like Kelly Jennings or Ashton Youboty. They could go for running back depth in Len Dale White, who is plummeting down draft boards from what I hear. They could take a DT/DE 'tweener like Broderick Bunkley. They could reach for a WR like Sinorice Moss.

Most likely, I think they'll go for linebacking depth in the first round, then take a "slash" in the second round with Michael Robinson.